Literally, it’s one of the most exciting times of the year for us beauty obsessed people – the other time being the 2nd Sephora black card member 20% off sales in November. I jumped off my chair when the “save the date” email arrived my inbox, the little thing can bright up a whole day, I tell you!
This time, the Sephora Singapore black card member 20% off sales happens from May 5th to May 8th, both in store and online.
Did I tell you I have created my wishlist for this event from the beginning of the year and have been keeping refining it every day? I’m not kidding! The Google sheet that titled “Sephora SG 20% off Wishlist” is always open in my browser. The amount of selections in Sephora plus the 20% off is not a good combination, if you walk into the store without any preparation and can easily get overly excited about beauty products like myself. So many times in the past, I ended up buying things I don’t need or forget to get the ones I really want. So trust me, preparing a wishlist is a good exercise to go through.
Below are the things in my wishlist – they made the cut after hundreds of edits (I’m not even exaggerating!):
- Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head ($40 SGD): I always pick up one or two Clarisonic brush heads during the 20% off sales, because you can never have too many of these and they go through fast. I have been really loving the deep pore cleansing one in the past few months and I can tell they are doing great things to my skin: every time after use, my skin always feels much softer and re-energized.
- First Aid Beauty Vitamin Spray ($27 SGD): I love this spray (more detailed review here and here) and cannot wait to have it back to my gym beauty bag.
- Peter Thomas Roth Professional 3% Retinoid Plus: I’ve seen great results from using Paula’s Choice 1% Retinol treatment, so would like to explore the whole retinoid world a bit more. The only potential issue is… this may not be available in Singapore yet.
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlighter 01 ($58 SGD): have been wanting to get my hands on this for over a year now, I cannot count how many times it has been in and out of my shopping cart. But I’m looking for a more subtle highlighter lately, so finally decided to bite the bullet!
- Marc Jacobs Enamored High-Shine Lip Lacquer in Sugar Sugar ($39 SGD): after Jaclyn Hills crowned this lip gloss line as her favorite lip gloss ever, I just have to get it. And the nude shade looks gorgeous on top of any lipstick.
- MAC Teddy Eye Kohl: Yep, you read it right! The Sephora store in ION has a MAC counter, so all MAC products also get a nice 20% off during the sales. I have always been a black liquid eyeliner kind of gal, but lately, I feel a bit of adventurous and wanting some changes, so plan to explore the eye pencils for a more natural and effortless eye look….who am I kidding, really, I want to see if it can save some time in the morning routine but still look like I put a ton of time on it. That’s the plan, at least.
I’m trying to be good and don’t break the bank this round, so the list has shortened from over 30 items to now 7, very proud of myself, if I may say so.
But in addition to the ones in my wishlist, there are a few others I would recommend you to check out if you are in the market for it, all of which are products I have tested and loved dearly:
- Burberry Luminous Fluid Base ($70 SGD): I have probably talked too many times about this glow-inducing primer in this blog. I did hear some people say it’s too subtle, but personally, I’m a big fan, I love the glow within look it gives to the entire face. And it hydrates at the same time without making you look like a grease ball at the end of the day. Love!
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($127 SGD): the most expensive mask I own, but it’s a great one to have if you travel quite a bit. I like to apply this after taking a flight, and it will work its magic to re-hydrate and plump your skin. Good skin in a mask!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Oatmeal Mask ($40 SGD): very affordable, but a uber nice mask for sensitive skin. Any time I have irritation on the face, or my skin just gets angry for whatever reason, it always manages to sort things out. Quit a problem solver!
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Cream: hands down, the best repair and styling all-in-one hair products. Cannot say enough good things about this, it really delivers all the benefits it says on the bottle, how rare is that!
What are the ones in your radar for this sales?